We may have to stay safe at home for a little while yet, but we can still head off on an adventure … all we need is a comfy chair and a good book!
To celebrate World Book Day this year you could:
- Design and make a bookmark.
- Write a postcard to your favourite character.
- Listen to an audiobook at https://www.worldbookday.com/world-of-stories/
- Visit https://www.librariesni.org.uk/ and check out their range of eBooks, audiobooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers or arrange to book and collect from your local library by ordering online or by phone in advance.
- Have a look at https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/have-some-fun/fun-at-home-with-authors-and-illustrators/ to have a go at one of their quizzes or even try one of their book-themed recipes… yum!
- Check out Pobble365’s non-screen activities @ https://blog.pobble.com/non-screen-activities-for-book-lovers
- Google your favourite author and see if they have a website.
- Cast the movie version of your favourite book – who would you get to play the main characters? You could even do a storyboard of how the movie might look.
- Get some tips from the experts at https://www.worldbookday.com/online-masterclasses/
- Most importantly pick up a book and have a read!