On Thursday, October 18th Ballyclare Secondary School invited Year 14 pupils to attend a UCAS Information evening. The aim of this event is to inform the pupils, parents/carers of the UCAS process and the requirements for University Life.
- To ensure pupils are aware of the different university and college options.
- To develop a structured approach to the decision making process for the success of UCAS applications.
- Ensure pupils, parents/carers are made aware of the importance of researching the internet to get additional information, advice and guidance on Higher education provision.
Important points covered:
- What is UCAS? (Pupil Fact sheets and Parent information booklet)
- Things to Do?
- Personal Statement
- Other things to think about? (Tests, auditions etc.)
- Making choices
- The Process
- Types of Offers
- Student Finance (Booklet: Student Finance N.I.)
- UCAS Parent Guide