Following our period of closure, we are now in a position to reopen to accommodate the children of key workers.
Ballyclare Secondary School will open on Monday 30th March 2020 at 9.00 am
We would like to remind parents/carers that sending their child/children to school during this time should be as a last resort.
I would ask parents/carers to note the following:
- Children who attend will do so from 9.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- All children will follow the hygiene routines as stated by PHA and will be provided with hand sanitiser and materials to keep their computer clean.
- Pupils will be seated at the same computer every day and social distancing rules will be followed.
- Children will attend in full school uniform.
- Pupils will be located in the ICT Department and this will enable them to complete remote learning activities.
- The school is offering to “supervise” children in line with Department of Education Guidance. As such, pupils are not being taught and they are required to ensure they have the necessary materials with them for study.
- Pupils will follow the proposed schedule detailed below.
- At the end of the day, all children will be brought to the front entrance hall and will be collected by parents/carers.
Mrs K Bell