Dear Parent/Carer 17/03/2020
Following concerns regarding COVID-19, Mrs Bell will be sending a letter out to all parents / carers, updating you all on school arrangements. As soon as this letter is together, it will be shared with those also registered on SIMS Parent App and via our school website.
These are very uncertain times and we appreciate the concerns of our school community. Here are a few updates:
1) Our Year 12 Guidance Afternoon, scheduled for Thursday 19th March 2020 has been postponed;
2) Year 12 pupils will be involved in an important assembly tomorrow morning (8:40am) regarding examinations and the sixth form options process. Mrs Colgan has shared a digital copy of the options booklet for sixth form curriculum via email to all Year 12 pupil email accounts;
3) All Duke of Edinburgh expeditions have been postponed by the Education Authority until the end of May 2020;
4) All non-emergent fixtures and activities will be postponed;
4) Staff are working diligently to prepare for a potential school closure. The latest information from the Department of Education is that schools are to remain open. Remote Learning information can be accessed from our website and other VLE systems such as Google Drive. If your child has been asked to self-isolate we would ask that you notify their Class Teacher who will record this on our SIMS system. We would ask for patience for individualised work to be sent home as our attention needs to be prioritised to Remote Learning for all of our learners.
Once again, please await a letter from Mrs Bell that contain a comprehensive update on school arrangements.
Vice Principal - Pastoral Care