Aims and Overview of the Business Department
Our aims are:
- To develop in young people a knowledge and understanding of the business world.
- To enable pupils to become good communicators, asking lots of questions and to weigh up alternative ideas and proposals.
- To develop an inquiring mind.
- To develop skills in finding out information; how to obtain information and where to find the information.
- To develop skills in information technology and numeracy.
- To develop skills of critical thinking.
- Mrs Emerson (Head of Department)
- Mrs L Patton
- Mrs H Porte
- Miss R Bishop
The Business Studies Department facilities consists of 2 classrooms with data projectors and interactive whiteboards, a computer suite with data projector and interactive white board and a resource room containing a library of business textbooks and materials.
Why Study Business?
The subjects taught within the Business Studies Department prepare students for the challenges of the 21st Century, by introducing them to the world of business. They emphasise the ever-changing character of business, the diverse nature of business enterprise and the interdependence of the various parts of the business world.
Students have the experience of studying business from a variety of perspectives. Pupils are provided with many life skills such as communication, problem solving, time management, team work and decision making. Whether your aim is to pursue an academic career, train for a profession or become an entrepreneur, the necessary knowledge and skills will be provided.