Specification/Exam Board: CCEA
There is a heavy Controlled Assessment requirement alongside a final exam paper.
The subject content is divided into 3 compulsory areas of study:-
- Local and Global Citizenship – this area gives students opportunities to:
- Develop the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to participate positively and effectively in their communities and wider society;
- Influence democratic processes;
- Make informed and responsible decisions as local and global citizens throughout their lives.
- Personal Development - this area gives students opportunities to:
- Develop a deeper understanding of their own personal development;
- Assess and learn how to manage the challenges that they may face throughout life.
- Employability - this area gives students opportunities to:
- Develop the personal qualities, skills, knowledge, understand and attitudes that will give them a strong foundation for lifelong learning and work in a rapidly changing economic environment.